1st Class Ship Fitters Needed!
- Be able to plan an complete work with little supervision using blueprints
- Be knowledgeable in lay out and plates, pieces and structural shapes, including flat layouts and complex layouts involving projection and compound angles.
- Know weld symbols and how they apply to material preparation for welding
- Skills should include tack welding, burning, use of various power tools such as shears, saws, presses, etc.
- Must be capable of making templates as needed for fabrications and/or installation of ship structures.
- Must be capable of assembling foundations, deck houses, and specialized structures for all areas of the ship.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working as a Ship Fitter in a shipyard.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Job Type: Full-time